Any current posts for work at the school will be posted below. Each job advert will include all relevant documents and application forms.
Here at Ferryhill Business and Enterprise College safeguarding children is our number one priority and all interview panels will include a member of staff trained in safer recruitment. Safeguarding is the responsibility of everyone at FBEC and we have a number of mechanisms in school for students and staff to their identify concerns.
As part of the recruitment process all positions will be subject to pre-employment checks which will include:
• Application form including a thorough review of employment history
• Identity confirmation checks informed by ID checking guidelines (DBS)
• Formal Interview
• Enhanced DBS
• Barring list checks
• Right to work in UK
• References – all references will be sought prior to interview as a matter of course
• Referee – confirmation of identity of candidate and referee. Confirmation of any ambiguities within references
• Disqualification for Caring for Children
• Occupational Health Screening (if applicable)
• Confirmation of identity check via telephone
• Confirmation of reference integrity by telephone
• Check of Teacher Prohibition / Restrictions using the Teacher Services
• With regard to appointment of governors the school reserves the right to contact the Teacher Services System
• The interview process will also include safeguarding elements.
Volunteers who visit the school, who are not covered by the DBS systems and structures, will be supervised for the duration of their visit.
Our safeguarding processes are reviewed regularly and systems are not only informed by Durham County Council but also the Department for Education 'Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2016'
The school's safeguarding lead is K.Brennan, Headteacher.
Designated Child Protection staff include T.Pinkney, Deputy Headteacher and G.Bowden SENCO.